Love Your Heart in February!
February is traditionally the month to think about love and hearts... or about loving our hearts! This month I'm challenging myself to do 5 miles of cardio exercise each day, using a combination of walking, running, and cycling. My one caveat is that the 5 miles needs to be intentional; any miles logged working and doing daily activities are extra.
I started off the month with a great, rainy, 5-mile walk/run on my lunch hour (well, lunch hour-and-a-half!).
It's a SoSMART Goal!
- So: Social. Post daily updates to the Facebook running groups.
- S: Specific. Log 5 miles of cardio exercise daily.
- M: Measurable. Use my running app for the running/walking activities and the odometer on my exercycle for the cycling portion.
- A: Achievable. Absolutely. This goal allows me to work on cardio while slowly increasing my running mileage to let my shin splints heal.
- R: Relevant. Absolutely. I need to build up my cardiorespiratory endurance in order to meet my running goals.
- T: Time bound. Daily. Either all at once or spaced throughout the day.
What's your February challenge? Download and print out the February Fitness Goals Calendar and track your daily progress!